Sunday, February 10, 2008

Playing with food

Ok, so exactly what we tell our kids not to do...it all started with this on date night. We had gone out to watch Juno (OMG! a fantastic movie!!! you have to watch it, I laughed, I cried and I am still thinking of it) and afterwards, we went out to try a new little Japanese joint called Geisha. It was pretty yummy, we decided that we would try to keep this a place of our own, meaning a place we don't take our kids. Which ultimately means, we won't get there very often. Anyways, after our oh-so-yummy sushi, the sushi chef (is he really a chef since he doesn't cook?) presents us with this. We probably looked like the most retarded people, because a) we pulled out the cell phone and began taking pictures and then b) we asked for a box to take it home so we could show the kids. So yes, we're touristy types!


Today we went to Logan's favorite place, the salad bar, otherwise known as Souplantation. I was so excited since this month is their Cajun theme and I was able to indulge in lots of gumbo, absolutely one of my favorite soups. A recent tradition and ongoing unsaid competition of ours is to try to create the largest mini-cone soft serve. Today, I think I won. Each time we come back to the table the kids eyes get bigger and bigger with wonderment and excitement. And of course, in their world, the larger the ice cream=the more they get to eat. Its actually quite funny to see the expressions on other kids there, especially the ones waiting in line behind us at the soft serve machine.


As Peyton says I should share my ice cream so I don't get a bellyache from all that ice cream, so I shared. Peyton has cone #1.


Logan all smiles knowing that he is taking that cone (#2) from me, which again means extra ice cream.

Well that's it for now...no more pictures of food or of us in restaurants taking pictures with our cell phones! At least not for the remainder of the day...until next time!

1 comment:

Mom/Grammy G said...

I love these boys!!! What cutie petooties!!!!!