Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Logan's new idea for technology

Today was a more challenging day for the boys, (which means a challenging day for me) they were both pretty emotional, especially Logan. He didn't want to go into his Moppets room today, since none of his buddies were at school. As we went around asking all the moms of his friends where their kids were, it really hit home for him that his friends were home with their daddies. Not even a cool new lizard shirt from his little Jordyn (thanks Claudine!) could make him happy. So instead, he sat and listened to our speaker and participated in all of the mom activities. He was so well behaved and I couldn't complain, pretty soon he won't want to hang out with me.

After a busy afternoon of swimming and a playdate, we settled down for dinner. I have come to realize that meal time really is our family's favorite time to have great conversation, depending on the day and depending on who is defining great conversation that is. So Peyton with his little Easter placemat says I got a Easter bunny on my placemat. This was a great segue into the whole Easter bunny is watching you and he's pals with Santa Claus, so we better be good, etc. And Peyton finishes with Yeah, he knows I will be good and better, that's why I got the Easter bunny placemat and Logan will not. This then follows into the whole I am good, no your not, yes I am conversation. Again, great conversation depending on who you are.

So finishing up with dinner, we go on to talk about fruits with Logan talking about which ones are his favorites, followed by Peyton rattling off his list of faves. They talk about how not all people like the same things because some people don't like the tastes of some things. Logan then tells us that avocado is a fruit that is good for your brain. I probably haven't said that in at least a half a year...amazing what his little memory holds. Once we move on from fruits Logan sees the camera and says he wants to make a video. I said you want to take a picture? He said no, a video. I wish all pictures were video. I said a video of what? He then says I want to send a message...so we can't do things around here just once, so tonight's double feature is brought to you by Logan and Peyton!

No comments: