Monday, February 25, 2008

Flying by the seat of our pants...




Well, initially this picture was just a goof around picture, but then I noticed as I was straightening them back up, both boys have little tears in the butt of their pants. Now seeing as they are Fried boys, is it possible that they burned holes in them? I couldn't help but laugh...

Well, daddy is off and on the other side of the country in the freezing cold, it is warm, sunny and filled with blue skies over here! Too bad the day didn't start out that way...as my previous post said, today was kindergarten round-up. And only here in our neck of the woods do we get up at the crack of dawn and stand out in the cold to enroll their child into a lottery for kindergarten. This still puzzles me. I live in a city that charges exorbitant amounts of property taxes AND mello roos, and still my kids are enrolled in a lottery for school...SIGH...well, next week we'll know which school we'll end up in and then at a later date, we'll find out if we will be given morning or afternoon kindergarten.

Part of this enrollment process is a kindergarten readiness test...well so far after checking everything out, I really believe Logan will be ready for kindergarten in the fall. The BIG question is will I? I cried at registration today...one of the only ones that did. It is just such a big, big world out there...and yeah, if I am crying now, come August 13th, I may as well just call it a day for tears. Walking down the hallway to the MPR (multi-purpose room), I realized that my boys will one day walk these halls...alone! I am not so sure when I became one of those moms that wanted to go to school with their kids and wanted to do everything with their kids, but some how I feel like that is how I am some times. Then I go and break up a fight, pick up a ton of toys, complete a task uninterrupted and I remember how much I enjoy my time when the boys are at school and how much more I enjoy them when they come home.

So we come home from pick up and while our lunch was cooking, we ran to the mailbox and found a postcard from their buddy Lucas. Lucas just returned from Maui and on his postcard his mom writes, "...we went on a real submarine ride the other day - saw lots of cool fish even a moray eel." The boys were thrilled to receive mail and a postcard from their very special buddy made it even sweeter. Time for lunch and as we are eating our lunch, our conversation goes like this"

Logan looks at me and says, "Mommy, when can we ride a submarine?"
Me: Well, we ride the submarine at Disneyland.
Peyton:Yeah and see all the cool fish and Nemo, my favorite!!!
Logan: I mean a submarine like Lucas did...
Me: Well, first we have to get to Hawaii. And that won't be for a long time, Hawaii is a very nice trip that takes a lot of savings.
Logan: Oh...
A few moments of pausing, lots of food consumption as his dinosaur chicken nuggets bite each others heads off and then resumes with, "Mommy, when can we go with Grandpa to visit his cousins in Hawaii?"
Obviously he knows who he has wrapped around his little fingers!

Ok, there was still more conversations to be documented about today, but I am just beat down exhausted. I am going on a little over 90 minutes of core sleep with another 60 minutes added on at the break today. PHEW!

1 comment:

Mom/Grammy G said...

Yes, Joie, I certainly understand!!I cried the first day of school for both Lene' and Adam. It didn't get any easier with the 2nd child either. It still felt like I was throwing them to the wolves. If I also remember correctly, I cried the first day of school until each was in the 2nd grade!!!! After that I guess I figured they could handle it! My heart will be with you!