Monday, February 4, 2008

Coach Daddy





FROM ADAM: This week marks the begining of an era. The coaching era. Logan and Peyton will be playing flag football and I have volunteered to be the Assistant Coach on their team. I figure some of the best coaches were never superb athletes so I got that going for me. As I sit at work on a conference call in which we are talking about the Super Bowl mixed with ESPNU's coverage of Signing Day (Wednesday, February 6th...shameless plug for the "U") all I can think about is how 3, 4 and 5 year olds are going to run the triple option? Something tells me "PRO LEFT X-CRASH 39 SWEEP" isn't going to resonate? I guess we will stick with the basics the way all guys learned when we were playing 3 on 3 lamp-post to lamp-post, 2 completions for a first down, although, just in case we have a Belicheck in the league, we will be mixing in some mis-direction as part of our week 3 playbook.

I just hope that Brently Young guy can keep his daughter off the sidelines, I don't need any Romo/Simpson distractions for Logan and Peyton...We got a game to play!

2 comments:

BYoung said...

Fried, just keep the kid's head in the game and out of the bleachers and they will do just fine. But you can feel free to turn to Kara anytime for a few coaching tips.

CToonWIFEY said...

What?? Who's that girl?? What the hell?? Is Logancheating on my Jordyn already?!?!?!?!?! MAYBE WE SHOULD COME TO A GAME!!!