Monday, February 25, 2008

On the Road

I write my post from my hotel room in snowy Norwalk, CT. What a long day for Joie and I. Each of us were up at the crack of dawn. Me to catch my 8:15am flight, driver picked me up at 6am. Joie to register Logan for Kindergarten.

Being that I travel somewhat often for work, flying really doesn't bother me like it does other people. What really bothers me is driving in the back seat of the car service town car sedans going to LAX at the crack of dawn. This morning Vladamir picked me up and while I did feel like I was some sort of secret agent on a mission with a Russian spy because when he would talk on the phone in his thick Russian accent he would say "Chess, I have zee client, I vill be drupping heem off een five minutes...zen I vill pick oop zee 8:15 client..." Part of me wanted to continue on the mission with him but I did have my flight to catch. At any rate, it is never a good thing when your driver tells you how he worked all last night during the Oscar's (did you catch any ZZZ's Vladamir?), or when he is checking his phone for text messages (most likely for his next mission).

Needless to say I made it to my flight safe and sound and off to JFK then a 1 hour drive to Norwalk where I was the coherent shuttle driver for 5 of my co-workers. As I type I am hoping that Vladamir has gotten some shut eye for the day. Those 2 second blinks were scaring me a bit. By the way, it is cold as Siberia here, probably should have asked Vladamir how to cope!!!!

1 comment:

Mom/Grammy G said...

Adam, you are a fantastic writer!!! I laugh myself silly when I read your postings. Keep it up!!!! Your blog brights my day!!!!