Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Growing up

I am not so sure what it is in kids, but there is something in them where they always want to do what the grown-ups are doing. Getting married, playing house, washing the car, going grocery shopping, cooking dinner, etc. And these boys are no exception.

The general rule of thumb is when mommy is on the computer, it means that she is working. For Easter, the boys received workbooks, Kindergarten and preschool. The workbooks also have interactive CDs for use on the computers. Now, out of sheer fear, our boys are really rarely on the computer. For starters, there is the whole coordination thing, using the mouse, not pushing the buttons when you aren't supposed to etc. So to their delight, their workbooks have CDs, which means that they can now work on the computer! Each day they ask, can I do my work on the computer yet? I do have to let them use the computer more, now the trick is to monitor them while using their program, since each advance button also allows for a print page button. Logan was so proud when he printed up 4 pages of ink-sucking pictures...we're hoping the Easter bunny will bring us some ink cartridges!

The boys are so observant and realized that my "job" doesn't only exist in the form of computer work, but also in my domestic duties. Now lately whenever I am in the kitchen, I have not one but two look-ee loos trying to figure out how they too can contribute to dinner. So tonight, they did. They were thrilled! Probably should have capitalized on the photo-ops here, but I was WAY too stressed out with having to do double the work with my limited resources in our dinner making. Peyton prepared our steamed broccoli and Logan made the mashed potatoes. During dinner, they boast proudly to daddy that they made dinner, each claiming their delicious concoctions. And without missing a beat, Peyton looks at me and says, "Mommy, what did you make?"...ummm, how about the rest of dinner????

My guys are definitely growing up too fast...if only I could freeze these days!

No comments: