Sunday, March 16, 2008

Dottie "Granny" Heitz

So this post may seem random and well frankly it was. During lunch one day last week, Logan asked me why his Granny had to go to heaven. I was actually quite confused and extremely surprised...I kept thinking, wow...he thinks one of his three grandma's went off to heaven. Clearly this all came out of left field...so I asked him which Granny. And he went on to say the Granny that gave him coins (she gave Logan a silver dollar that will be 100 years old when he turns 18) and had that really great party with the sno-cones and all that food and all of daddy's friends were there. WOW! I quickly figured which Granny he was talking about...so clearly this was a message and reminder for me to keep Granny's memories burning strong. The amazing woman that Granny was, she did not want any of us to remember her in sadness, so she threw herself a HUGE bash visiting with hundreds of friends and families who's lives she has touched to say good-bye. Shortly after this, she did pass on. So Granny...you may not be in the real world, but you're in a better world, and you are still making the headlines!


That's our granny!

1 comment:

Mom/Grammy G said...

AW! I remember Granny too!!! Yes, a wonderful, wonderful woman who touched many, many lives in her wonderful and productive life time!!