Tuesday, March 18, 2008

The chocolate M&M's

So yesterday truly was a HUGE survival feat for me...definitely pat myself on the back several times. I survived (and enjoyed) my first drop off playdate! We had one of Logan's classmates, Ryan, over and one of Peyton's classmates, Lauren, over. Lucky for me they happen to be siblings.

The playdate was interesting, with the two older boys playing together. Mostly the things that boys do...cars, super heroes, etc. Peyton and Lauren on the other hand...well, that was a little different. She kept suggesting that everything get married. Peyton sweetly hunted out any girly toys that we may have, such as Minnie Mouse, Tinkerbell, etc. (Girl figures in some playsets we have.) But Lauren would say Tinkerbell should marry Minnie Mouse. Well, I had to correct her several times, telling her that they can't get married. And instead of just leaving it at that, she'd ask why. After several attempts of going around the issue, I finally gave up and moved onto a different game.

Two hours into the playdate, it's time to move into snack mode. So we select our snacks and devour them within minutes. Little Lauren is asking for more cookies, while I am trying to divert her attention. I know that her mom is taking their older sister out for a treat, (and I previously cleared it with her) so I bring out the how about some candy diversion. I offer each of the kids 2 M&M's...wouldn't want to spoil them! Lauren picks her 2, Ryan selects his 2, brown M&M's because he likes chocolate M&M's...so what does Logan want? Chocolate M&M's just like Ryan! He takes his chocolate M&M's. Which now leaves us with Peyton picking...he looks in the bowl, sees the bowl (pictured below) and what does he do? FLIPS OUT! There's no more chocolate M&M's!!! I try to explain to him that they are ALL chocolate M&M's, but to no avail, that didn't make a difference. After I was able to calm him down...the diversion was jelly beans. Thank goodness there were no chocolate jelly beans!

And oh yeah...not only did I have 4 kids for 2 and a half hours, shortly after Ryan and Lauren left, I had another 2 kids join us. So for most of the afternoon, I had 4 kids! I think that I did pretty good considering.


No comments: