Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Kindergarten...Where did the Time Go?

Today was Logan's first day of Kindergarten. To say it was an emotional day is an understatement.

I guess the emotions started on Monday when we went to school to find out who his teacher will be. Logan had a challenging time when his teacher Miss Mattson asked the students to line up to get ready to go on the playground while the parents stayed in class to listen to what Kindergarten will be all about.

Today, Joie and I swapped with Logan. While he handled his first day like a champ, Joie and I were emotional, while my emotions did not show the way Joie's did it is still shocking to me that Logan is starting Kindergarten. While he did not have any friends he knew in his actual class, he has friends at the school in different classes. We were proud to hear that Logan made 2 friends today in Joshua and Isaac.

I could be wrong although I swear there is Chinese gymnast in his Kindergarten class. I have placed a call to the IOC to make sure they are aware this. I am just not sure if it is He Kexin or Jiang Yuyuan. I knew last night that I recognized them from the Monday event. Look for the U.S. Women to get their rightfully deserved gold medal once I uncover this story.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww. I'm glad he's making new friends. I'm sure he'll have a great Kindergarten year.

Oh and Adam - let me know what you find out about those Olympic Gymnasts in his class. HA HA HA!

Hugs to all - Steph

Mom/Grammy G said...

CONGRATS Mom and Dad....you survived the first day of Kindergarden!!! I'm sure it was a very emotional day for both of you. Logan probably took it like a real "trooper"!

Here's to many, many more happy firsts!

Love,
Mom/Grammy G